Unclassified / Continuing Education Application
Thank you for you interest in the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary. This application form is intended for prospective students who wish to take up to 12 credits in a two year period without applying to a degree program.
To register for courses you must also complete the registration form AFTER you have submitted your application. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our office by phone at 563.589.3405 or e-mail at KHackbarth@dbq.edu.
Kimberly S. Burnett-Hackbarth
Director of Seminary Admission
To be admitted as an Unclassified student you will need to:
- Complete this application form
- Provide a Reference from a Pastor or a church governing body (Judicatory) official. United Methodists must provide a reference from their Board of Ordained Ministry granting approval to take distance course(s).
- A second reference is strongly recommended.
- IF the applicant is currently a student anywhere, then the Confidential Report of Academic Standing must be completed.
- An official transcript: all applicants must send a copy of the final transcript from the institution granting their highest degree.
- All applicants must submit a narrative statement (300 words or less) indicating the reason they are applying as an Unclassified Student for UDTS graduate theological studies.
- Applications are not complete until the applicant submit the non-refundable application fee of $30. To pay by credit card, call Student Accounts at 563.589.3208. Or, mail a check payable to UDTS to:
University of Dubuque Theological Seminary
2000 University Avenue
Dubuque, IA 52001
TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS - Please read before starting application.